Last night Robin Roberts received the Arthur Ashe ESPY award for COURAGE.
Full of Beauty, Grace, and Courage she imparted into each of us that,
“When Fear Knocks Let Faith Answer the Door“.
We Love and Thank You for being a demonstration of Courage in Motion!!!!
We’ve often heard it said in life that it’s not about what you know but who you know, other than God of course. Well, Healthy Black Women has given us 8 ways to achieve the success many of us are seeking.
1. Harmony – When you have a balance between what you think, what you say, and what you do, you will achieve a state of harmony.
2. Balance – This is the result of harmony because there is no disconnect between what you are thinking, what you are saying, and what you are doing.
3. Courage – Everyone needs a little courage now and then. Perhaps it is the courage to speak up about an idea at work that could lead to you being promoted. Sometimes it isn’t just about the action at all but rather how you are thinking or feeling at the moment.
4. Generosity – Give freely and as often as you can. When you give to others with no strings attached and no expectations, you can achieve the harmony and balance mentioned above.
5. Happiness – When we are happy we are more apt to land in a better place. Think happy thoughts.
6. Wisdom – Knowing how to make the right decisions at the right time is very important when you are trying to become successful. Make sure you think about your choices thoroughly before deciding.
7. Cleanliness – A cluttered and messy life will get you nowhere. Organize, not only your home and work space, but your thoughts as well.successful. Make sure you think about your choices thoroughly before deciding.
8. Beauty – It is all in the eye of the beholder. When you think about yourself as being beautiful your confidence is naturally boosted.
Your Best You
By Chi Chi Okezie, Copyright 2010.
As we embark on a new year and a new decade, this is a grand opportunity to truly become the elite women of today! A new year can spark a new direction in all of our lives. It can also ignite a new freshness, a new state of mind, a new lifestyle and a new beginning! I am forever inspired and encouraged by my fitness coach, Frank Wall, who stated, “You create possibilities. You are not bound by rules.”
What possibilities will you create as you enter this new and exciting year? What opportunities are you going to seize? What challenges are you going to face and conquer? What solutions are you going to create for yourself and others? How will you impact your community or surroundings for the greater good? These are just a few questions that you should reflect on throughout the new year.
I am always intrigued by that common, simple phrase, “Be realistic.” I can think about many of the successful and powerful people in the present and past who went above and beyond to achieve greatness. Whether it was discovering cures for diseases, developing clever inventions or breaking barriers in the social/political realms, these people had the courage and passion to do things that were far past realistic. In this new year, do not settle for being realistic. Instead, do not be bound by rules but create possibilities for yourself and put on: Your Best You!
Chi Chi Okezie, SIMPLEnetworking, LLC, http://www.snseminars.com
Frank Wall, FrankWallFitness, http://www.mfscentral.blogspot.com